Sunday, April 27, 2008

Create a Mother's Day Greeting Card

With Mother's Day just around the corner, the crunch is on to find the perfect gift. Of course, mommy says that all she wants is a homemade card and maybe some breakfast in bed as usual. Yes, a greeting card for mommy with gifts is needed every year. But how to make this card more special to show my love to mommy? This year I am going to DIY it with our photos and some words from my heart via a collage software called Photo Collage Studio.

Here's what we'll need:

  • Wondershare Photo Collage Studio ;
  • Photos of mother's and poem.

    Below is the step by step instruction:

    Step 1. Create a new collage from template.

    Run the program and click "Create a New Collage" and than a pop-up window will prompt you to select a template. Here I pick the "Greeting Card1".
    Create a Mother's Day Card

    Step 2. Add photo.

    Double click or drag the photo from the left list box to the frame of template and adjust the size of photo in the frame to the best effect by using the editing toolbar upper of the selected photo.

    Create a Mother's Day Card
    Tip: If you think your photo is too dark or not perfect, use the effect tab to retouch it withouthesitation. There are many effects offered by the program, such as old picture, oil, blur,brightness, contrast, embossment and more. Double-click a thumbnail of effects to apply theeffect to your photo and right click to cancel.

    Step 3. Add the text.

    Write something from heart to Mommy. The powerful function of text editing like wordarts,shadow, halation, texture can give more space to show creativity and true love. Here are somewords I wrote to my mother:


    To you who raised me
    I offer this thought
    It is something I learned
    Without being taught
    In all the world
    There is no other
    To take the place
    Of my dear Mother

    Create a Mother's Day Card

    Step 4. Print out.

    Print the greeting card at home with more custom sizes or even more than one picture on a page.

    Create a Mother's Day Card

    Ok, that's done! I think that my great Mommy will be so happy to receive this card on
    Mother's Day. What about you? Try to follow the steps and create a Mother's Day card by yourself.

  • No comments: